Packaging and packaging-product interaction
Proper conservation and monitoring of packaged products must be ensured throughout the supply chain. At ITENE we work with several packaging technologies to enable packaging-product interaction by developing active packaging to improve food conservation and to extend product shelf-life.
Solutions to improve packaging and packaging-product interaction
- Microperforated packaging: optimisation using simulation software and application of mathematical models to determine the most appropriate microperforated packaging design.
- With gas/humidity barrier properties: optimisation of packaging structures with simulation software.
- Microwaveable/oven-safe containers: optimisation by means of cooking tests with thermographic analysis to ensure homogeneous cooking across the entire packaging surface, taking into account multi-product packaging requirements and desirable finishing touches such as toasted, crunchy and au gratin effects.
- Active packaging: antimicrobial, antioxidant, CO2-generating, insect repellent, aroma-releasing packaging, packaging that absorbs oxygen, humidity, ethylene and unpleasant odours, etc. Check out our active packaging solutions here.
- Vacuum and second-skin packaging
- Modified atmosphere packaging (MAP)
- Sealing (thermal bonding, ultrasonic, adhesive, induction, etc.)
- Nitrogen-flushed packaging
- Hygienic packaging
- Hot packed
Inspection and control technologies
- Artificial vision
Why is it necessary to ensure product quality through active packaging and packaging technologies?
- Better conservation of the product, extended shelf-life and reduced use of chemical preservatives
- Reduction of food waste
- Improvement of logistic processes and easier access to more distant markets by increasing shelf-life and maintaining product quality for longer periods of time.
Could I help you?
Technological Consultancy, Technical Assistance and Innovation Manager