The ITENE research centre provides companies with cutting-edge knowledge and technology to build a safer, more sustainable future.
Our mission is to generate scientific and technological knowledge that we transfer to companies through R&D and innovation projects and consultancy, testing and training services.
We deliver solutions in four main areas: sustainable materials and technologies for the circular economy; design, safety and functionality in packaging; chemical exposure and air quality monitoring; and logistics and smart mobility.
ITENE is a research centre, which was set up as a private Spanish non-profit association, founded on 30 May 1994.
- Registered in the Spanish Home Office’s Associations Register (No. 134.600).
- Registered non-profit organisation (Official State Gazette No. 115, of 12 May 2004).
- Included in the special tax regime regulated in Title II of Law 49/2002 on tax incentives for patronage.
- Partner centre, Spanish National Research Council (CSIC).
- Listed in the Innovation and Technology Centre Register (No. 63), in compliance with Royal Decree 2093/2008, of 19 December.
Registered as a Research Results Transfer Office (OTRI) (No. 40).
R&D&I accounts for more than 87% of our activity.
Between 2018 and 2022, we worked with about 1,900 customers, 897 of them in 2022.
We have 3,000 m2 of laboratories and pilot plants equipped with state-of-the-art technology in our facilities located in the Paterna Technology Park.
We are currently expanding our current headquarters by an extra 1,100 m2. In addition, we have started the construction of a new 1,928 m2 building, located opposite the current headquarters, for industrial pre-scaling projects.
ITENE is committed to transparency and good governance in the organisation. In this section, it provides information about the operation and control of all government-related activities.
This information also enables ITENE to comply with different laws, such as:
- SPANISH LAW 19/2013, of 9 December, on TRANSPARENCY, ACCESS TO PUBLIC INFORMATION
- VALENCIAN REGION LAW 2/2015, of 2 April, on TRANSPARENCY, GOOD GOVERNANCE AND CITIZEN PARTICIPATION IN THE VALENCIAN REGION
For more information, see our Transparency and good governance section.