We have more than 10 years of experience in the evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of respiratory protective equipment (RPEs) against nanoparticles and has extensive experience in national and European research projects, some of them led by ITENE.
PPE manufacturers can certify in ITENE the effectiveness of personal protective equipment against biological and chemical risks (particles, fibres and nanoparticles) of different types of RPEs such as half masks and full face masks, self-filtering masks with and without valve and particle filters:
- ITENE’s laboratories are certified by ENAC (National Accreditation Entity) to carry out tests on non-reusable and reusable hygienic masks for adults and children that accredit their efficacy based on the UNE 0064-1, UNE 0064-2 and UNE 0065 standards, respectively.
- We also carry out other tests with our own methodologies that take as a reference the test criteria of international standards (harmonised UNE-EN standards) to assess the effectiveness of FFP1, FFP2 and FFP3 self-filtering masks.
Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, the efficacy of more than 100 types of masks obtained by companies and public administrations, including the Generalitat Valenciana, has been evaluated and new developments for the PPE manufacturing sector have been validated.
Solutions for PPE manufacturing companies
Consult the main solutions for this sector:
Services available for PPE manufacturers
- R&D and innovation projects: We are technological partners for the development and execution of innovation projects.
- Tests and certification in ITENE laboratories for materials characterisation, materials in contact with food, packaging evaluation, packaging optimisation, compostability.
- Technological consultancy on sustainability, improvement of material properties, food safety, packaging optimisation, monitoring of routes, fleets and risks associated with the transport of goods, etc.
- Specialised training, custom-made courses and business meetings.
Consult our brochures
How can I help you?
Safety and Environmental Monitoring Technologies Manager