Testing and certification
ITENE provides testing and certification services in its laboratories, accredited by the main certification agencies. We work in a range of fields such as packaging materials and safety, packaging certification for the carriage of dangerous goods, transport load simulations for distribution in a variety of weather conditions to optimise packaging systems and prevent product loss, as well as the capacity to transform materials and packaging in composting and biodegradation processes.
In addition, we also test packaging performance, according to its intended uses, and verify the effectiveness of respiratory protection equipment, such as face masks, during exposure to pathogens, chemical agents, particulate matter and nanoparticles in the workplace.
- Paper and cardboard
- Corrugated cardboard
- Plastics (complex, multilayer, rigid, flexible, etc.)
- Coatings, inks, adhesives
- Pallets and pallet boxes (wood, plastic and cardboard)
- Corrugated cardboard packaging
- Plastic packaging
- Palletised loads and full, filled packages for traditional retail and e-commerce
- Personal protective equipment (respiratory protection masks and filters, and chemical protective clothing).
- Chemical products and dangerous goods
ITENE has world-class laboratories and pilot plants that perform over 500 types of tests.
- Testing of polymeric materials (conventional plastics and biopolymers), cellulosic materials (paper, cardboard and corrugated cardboard), composites, adhesives, inks and coatings
- We test corrugated cardboard packaging for agricultural use and assess the mechanical performance of pallets and pallet boxes for goods handling.
Packaging certification for the carriage of dangerous goods
- Tests for packaging, intermediate bulk containers and large packaging for the carriage of dangerous goods and infectious substances by road, rail, sea and air (ADR, RID, IMDG, ICAO and IATA)
- Testing services with full, filled transport packages and palletised unit loads, including e-commerce parcels, to measure accelerations, vibrations, impacts, shocks and environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) that affect goods during transport to ensure no product losses or damage.
Safety of food contact packaging
- Food safety tests such as migrations, assessment of NIAS, compliance with CEPI’s Food Contact Guidelines and the BfR Recommendation XXXVI on paper and board, determination of residual content, determination of extractables according to FDA regulations, etc..
Download our brochures
Laboratories accredited by the main certification agencies
Our laboratories are accredited in accordance with the ISO 17025:2005 international quality standard, which establishes the necessary requirements to be met by testing and calibration laboratories and assures first-class results.
We offer over 100 types of accredited tests
ITENE was the first Spanish laboratory to be appointed by Amazon as an APASS (Amazon Packaging Support and Supplier Network) member and it is authorised to conduct tests according to the ISTA6 Amazon SIOC and ISTA6 Amazon Overboxing protocols as part of the e-commerce giant’s Frustration Free Packaging programme for vendors.
Download our brochures
Find out more about our laboratories
How can I help you?
Head of Testing Services Unit