Bioanalysis and biodetection
At ITENE, we use a variety of biodetection technologies to test for the presence of biological agents such as viruses and bacteria, as well as chemical agents of interest in the field of human and animal health such as allergens and biomarkers of disease.
We develop and apply rapid, low-cost detection methods, which we complement with reference tools such as PCR, qPCR and immunochemical techniques such as ELISA.
Services for the health and safety of products, processes and people
At ITENE, our specialised services adapt to the challenges of different sectors in order to guarantee the safety and health of products, processes and people:
- Analysis of the presence of specific pathogen strains on surfaces and in air using the qPCR molecule technique.
- Sampling for the presence of bioaerosols using new biosensor systems, including significant pathogens such as Aspergillus and
- Sampling and quantification of the presence of biological agents using standardised sampling methods, both on surfaces using surface swabs, contact plates and adhesive tapes, and in air by applying impactors, impingers and filtration systems.
- Detection of odours and pathogens in livestock farms, the presence of which has a direct impact on animal welfare and production.
- Detection of allergens in food matrices.
- Detection of emerging contaminants in water and on surfaces.
- PCR detection and quantification
Technological solutions for today’s challenges
ITENE uses a number of technological solutions to tackle today’s health and safety challenges. In particular, we work with measurement and biodetection systems, which include various technological solutions for the control of serious pathogens, occupational health and safety, and air quality:
- Immunological test detection (ELISA).
- Detection using molecular biology techniques (PCR / qPCR).
- Microbiological analysis through cultures.
- Biosensors to detect pathogens in air, water and on surfaces.
Benefits and outcomes
- Prevention and control of health risks.
- Control of environmental fluctuations that may affect the condition of products/items.
- Control of environmental contamination by biological agents.
How can I help you?
Safety and Environmental Monitoring Technologies Manager