Analysis of packaging materials
At ITENE we carry out tests to analyse your packaging materials, both paper, cardboard, corrugated cardboard and plastic.
To do this, ITENE has a chemical laboratory equipped with numerous analytical techniques for the chemical, thermal and morphological characterisation of any type of packaging material. In this laboratory, analyses of materials and substances are carried out in order to identify the different components and their interactions, determine their nature and study their suitability for food, cosmetic or pharmaceutical use.
Regarding the physical-mechanical characterisation of materials, ITENE also has a laboratory dedicated to the evaluation of the main characteristics of materials, either for the identification and verification of their technical specifications or prior to their use as packaging material. This laboratory is accredited by ENAC (National Accreditation Entity) according to the UNE EN ISO 17025 standard, which establishes the main criteria and requirements to ensure the excellence of the results. Consult the scope of this accreditation here.
Paper, board and corrugated board
- Physical properties: thickness, grammage, whiteness, humidity, etc.
- Surface properties: water absorption, contact angle, opacity, roughness, etc.
- Mechanical properties: tensile strength, burst strength, CMT, RCT, SCT, CCT, FCT, ECT, bending, etc.
- Gas permeability (barrier properties): air permeability, oxygen transmission rate (OTR), water vapour transmission rate (WVTR), carbon dioxide transmission rate (CO²TR).
Films and plastics
- Physical-mechanical properties: tensile strength, hardness, friction coefficient, tearing, thickness, grammage, puncture, etc.
- Gas permeability (barrier properties): oxygen transmission rate (OTR), water vapour transmission rate (WVTR), carbon dioxide transmission rate (CO²TR).
- Thermal and rheological properties: thermogravimetric analysis (TGA), dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), melt flow index (MFI), rheological analysis, SEM, etc.
- Structural properties: infrared spectroscopy (IR and FTIR), optical microscopy, etc.
Download our brochure
Discover our laboratories
How can I help you?
Head of Testing Services Unit & Technical Assistance