Assessment of the effectiveness of respiratory protective devices (RPEs)
ITENE provides specialised technical support in the field of respiratory protective equipment (RPE) based on its own methodologies that take as a reference the test criteria of international standards and in the issuing of reports that verify their effectiveness.
- Analysis of the technical documentation provided by the manufacturer or importer.
- Testing and verification based on the test methods described in harmonised UNE-EN standards.
- Issuance of efficacy evaluation reports with the ITENE quality seal.
- Types of respiratory protection equipment evaluated
- ITENE evaluates the efficacy against biological and chemical risks (particles, fibres and nanoparticles) of the following types of respirators.
Types of respiratory protective equipment evaluated
ITENE evaluates the effectiveness against biological and chemical risks (particles, fibres and nanoparticles) of the following types of respirators.
Methodology of work
Somos un laboratorio independiente con capacidad técnica para la realización de exámenes y pruebas para la validación de la eficacia de EPRs. Nuestra metodología de trabajo consta de tres fases:
We are an independent laboratory with the technical capacity to carry out examinations and tests for the validation of the efficacy of RPEs. Our work methodology consists of three phases:
- Phase 1: Receipt of documentation and samples and analysis of the technical documentation provided by the manufacturer or importer.
- Phase 2: Tests based on the test methods described in harmonised UNE-EN standards and in the process of accreditation.
- Phase 3: Issuance of efficacy evaluation reports with the ITENE quality seal.
Sectors of application
ITENE works in the evaluation of RPEs used by a wide range of industrial sectors:
- PPE manufacturers.
- Eventual manufacturers due to activity conversion and agreements with third parties (textile sector, plastic, 3D industry, etc.).
- PPE importers and distributors.
- External occupational risk prevention services.
- Those responsible for occupational risks in companies and multi-sector industries and in the health sector.
- Manufacturers and users of nanoparticles.
We are at your service
We guarantee a response within a maximum of 48 hours for new requests.
We respond within a maximum of 10 working days from receipt of the sample for the evaluation of efficacy and quality of RPEs and issuance of the relevant report.
ITENE brings together a multidisciplinary team of experts in the evaluation of the quality and efficacy of RPEs with more than 10 years of experience and extensive background in European projects.
Our in-house developed and commercial equipment is capable of measuring aerosols and particles of different sizes using optical, electrical and gravimetric physical principles.
We have experience in assessing the effectiveness of respiratory protective equipment:
- More than 100 types of masks analysed since March 2020 obtained by companies and public administrations (Generalitat Valenciana).
- Participation and leadership of research projects in collaboration with other reference centres such as the International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) and the Valencian Institute for Health and Safety at Work (INVASSAT).
- Validation of new developments for the PPE manufacturing sector.
- Since 2014 we have been working on the evaluation of the effectiveness of protective equipment against nanoparticles.
How can I help you
Head of Testing Services Unit