Scalibur Final Conference | Breaking barriers to make the most of biowaste: from smart collection to innovative valorisation
Almost half of Europe’s municipal waste is organic, making valorisation of biowaste vital for the creation of a circular economy.
New technologies, such as those developed and tested in the SCALIBUR Horizon 2020, project, are essential to help close the loop.
Partners from across Europe have joined forces to innovate along the value chain; from new technologies and methods to aid waste collection, through to ground-breaking valorisation processes. The results of the project will be showcased in this hybrid conference, hosted by the project coordinator ITENE research center, in Valencia.
The event is being held back-to-back with the final conference of the ValueWaste project in Cartagena (Murcia) on 20 October enabling participants to attend both events.
Hybrid and free event:
Choose between online attendance, or if possible, join us in person at ITENE (Valencia, Spain). If you select the face-to-face option, we will send you a booklet to help you arrive to our facilities.
Free registration includes:
- Networking coffees & lunch during the face-to-face event in Valencia.
- Bus transfer to Cartagena (Murcia) to attend ValueWaste final event on 20 October.
- Learn first hand about breakthrough technologies to transform OFMSW, HORECA waste and sewage sludge into safe and sustainable bio-based products.
- Network with experts from around Europe representing leading companies and research institutions.
- Get behind the scenes access to ITENE’s state-of-the-art laboratories and infrastructure.
- Join the ValueWaste final event on the following day in Murcia: two for the ‘price’ of one! (www.valuewaste.eu).
- Waste management companies
- Municipalities and local authorities
- Bio-based industries
- Academic and research community
- And all circular bioeconomy enthusiasts!
See the programme:
Listen to speakers from:
ITENE, Comisión Europea, Agencia Europea de Medioambiente, CETENMA, SAV, CSCP, Anci Lazio, Clube, Ayuntamiento De Madrid, Fcc, Asa Spezialenzyme, Fundación Cener-Ciemat, Aeris, Novamont, Kour Energy, Zetadec, Nutrition Sciences, Fcc Aqualia, Wetsus, Iris Technology Group, Unimore, Greenovate! Europe.