ITENE is a Technological Center formed as private association as a non-profit national, founded on May 30, 1994.
The center promotes, in general and for any type of business, scientific research, technological advancement, the development of information society and promoting sustainability in the areas of packaging, logistics, transportation and mobility.
ITENE activities contribute directly or indirectly to the overall benefit of society and because of this, is an organization:
- Declared as Public Utility Authority (BOE No 115 of May 12, 2004).
- Host to the special tax regime governed by Title II of Law 49/2002 of tax incentives for patronage.
- Associated Unit of the Higher Council for Scientific Research (CSIC).
- Registered in the Center of Innovation and Technology with number 63, according to Royal Decree 2093/2008 of 19 December.
- Registered as Results Transfer Office (TTO)
- Inscribed with number 134,600 in the Register of Associations of the Ministry of Interior.