Guarantee the properties integrity along the supply chain with the use of more optimal packaging systems. It has to be able to protect the products from the distribution environmental conditions: humidity, temperature, collisions, vibrations, compression and stability.
ITENE analyze the specific situations for each case, investigating the packaging systems to optimize the load space and the amount of material used in the packaging under the functional guarantee perspective (minimizing the distributions risk), reducing costs and environmental impact.
Main lines of activity:
- Development of Methodologies for the development and optimization of packaging.
- Realistic simulation of the distribution conditions in the transport process.
- Development of references of model’s standardization of packaging based in the space optimization.
- Packaging optimization through the sensorization (using humidity sensors, pressure sensors, etc.).
- Merchandise distribution processes monitorizated.