Nanotechnology is presented as a progress line in R&D. New materials obtained from the nanoparticles are transforming the industry revolutionarily due to its lightness, strength and economic materials.
ITENE uses the nanotechnology techniques to develop or modify the material’s properties used for packaging, and also makes them “on demand” with better services.
Among other research, the Institute works in the development of more resistant biodegradable materials; the introduction of active substances in containers to extend the life food; or obtaining materials reinforced by antioxidant or antimicrobial.
The main lines of work:
- Optimization and synthesis of every kind of nanomaterials (nanoparticles, nanofibres, nanoclays and nanostructures).
- Measure of nanomaterials: definition of the processes to obtain the minimum amounts for industrial tests.
- Nanomaterials characterization.
- Improvement of the energetic efficiency processes to synthetize the nanomaterial at big scale.
- The adaptation of traditional processes materials technology to materials with nanotechnology.