Development of new materials capable to improve the ambient, physic-mechanical and thermal properties, and/or the packaging barrier.
In this way, ITENE investigates in advanced materials in services and sustainability using renewable raw materials or adding natural reinforces to improve the functionality of the traditional materials.
Main lines of activity:
- Nanostructured materials by inorganics and organics additives.
- Mixtures and self-assembles: adhesives, multilayers.
- Cellulosic materials: improvement on the paper and cardboard acting over the core, searching in recycling fibres and developing fibres to waterproof.
- Biodegradable materials from waste and other subproducts.
- Materials with active and intelligent properties.